Home Football Jamal Musiala Collapses Again as Bayern Star Reveals Neurological Dysfunction

Jamal Musiala Collapses Again as Bayern Star Reveals Neurological Dysfunction

by Daniel Adeniyi

Bayern Munich midfielder Jamal Musiala has revealed he is receiving treatment for a neurological dysfunction after collapsing during a match for the second time in just four days.

The alarming incident occurred on Tuesday during Bayern Munich’s 4-2 friendly victory at Heidenheim, when the 23-year-old collapsed shortly after coming on as a substitute. Jamal Musiala had been on the pitch for only six minutes before requiring medical attention and was later helped off.

The episode came just days after a similar incident during Bayern’s 3-1 friendly victory over RB Leipzig in Munich, raising understandable concern among supporters and the wider football community.

However, Musiala later moved to reassure fans in a statement, explaining that he had been diagnosed with what he described as temporary and brief absence seizures linked to a neurological dysfunction. He said the condition is treatable and expressed optimism about his recovery.

Jamal Musiala collapses for the second time in four days

Jamal Musiala Collapses Again as Bayern Star Reveals Neurological Dysfunction

Tuesday’s incident at Heidenheim was the second time in four days that Jamal Musiala had collapsed during a Bayern Munich match.

Musiala entered the game as a substitute but appeared dazed shortly afterwards and received treatment from Bayern’s medical staff. The midfielder was then helped from the pitch eight minutes after coming on.

The sight of the Germany international requiring assistance immediately brought back memories of Saturday’s friendly against RB Leipzig. During Bayern’s 3-1 victory, Musiala had also collapsed, making Tuesday’s incident particularly concerning.

Some supporters searching for information about the incident may have described the situation as Musiala fainted, but the player himself later provided a more specific explanation about what had happened.

In a statement posted on Instagram, Musiala said he had been diagnosed with absence seizures connected to a neurological dysfunction.

“I’ve been diagnosed with temporary, brief, but easily treatable absence seizures, which are due to a neurological dysfunction,” Musiala said.

According to the Bayern star, the condition can lead to episodes similar to those seen against Leipzig and Heidenheim.

He also acknowledged how alarming the incidents may have appeared to those watching, while making clear that he remains positive about the treatment he is receiving.

Jamal Musiala explains his diagnosis

In his message to supporters, Jamal Musiala sought to calm fears by describing his condition as temporary, brief and treatable.

He explained that the neurological dysfunction can cause absence seizures, which he linked to the two recent episodes on the football pitch.

“I know they seem scary at first glance,” Musiala said. “But for me, they’re currently just part of my everyday life.”

The 23-year-old added that he is receiving excellent medical treatment and remains optimistic about the future.

“I’m receiving excellent medical treatment and am very optimistic,” he said.

Musiala also highlighted the support around him during what has been a worrying period, praising the role played by Bayern Munich as well as his family and friends.

“FC Bayern and my family and friends are always by my side and supporting me on this journey.”

The statement provided the clearest update on the situation after Tuesday’s match and offered reassurance following two incidents in quick succession.

Bayern were already aware of Musiala’s situation

Musiala
(Photo by Alexander Hassenstein/Getty Images)

Bayern sporting director Max Eberl addressed the situation after the friendly victory at Heidenheim, revealing that the club was already aware of Musiala’s condition.

Eberl said Musiala would speak publicly about the matter and confirmed that the midfielder was in the dressing room following the incident.

“We knew about it and we are aware of the situation,” Eberl said.

“Jamal will speak out. He’s in the dressing room, getting changed and taking a shower.”

Musiala subsequently issued his statement on Instagram, providing supporters with a direct explanation of the medical issue behind the recent episodes.

The fact that Bayern were aware of the situation also offered important context after Tuesday’s worrying scenes. Musiala’s public message focused on his treatment and optimism, with the midfielder making clear that he has medical support around him.

For Bayern, the priority will undoubtedly be the player’s wellbeing as he continues to receive treatment.

A difficult period for Jamal Musiala after injury comeback

Jamal Musiala

The latest incidents come after an already difficult period in the career of Jamal Musiala.

The Bayern midfielder missed the first six months of last season after breaking his ankle during the 2025 Club World Cup. The injury kept one of Germany’s most important attacking players out for an extended period and forced him to spend months away from competitive action.

However, Musiala returned during the second half of the campaign and worked his way back into Bayern’s plans.

He also recovered sufficiently to play an important role for Germany at the 2026 World Cup, starting three of his country’s four matches during the tournament.

That return underlined his importance at both club and international level, which made his collapse against RB Leipzig on Saturday and the second episode against Heidenheim even more concerning for those who have followed his recent journey.

After battling back from a serious ankle injury, Musiala now faces another challenge, although his own statement was notably positive about the treatment he is receiving.

The midfielder described the episodes as part of his everyday life at present and stressed that his condition is being treated.

What the Bayern star’s statement means

The most important development following Tuesday’s match was the decision by Jamal Musiala to personally explain the situation.

After two collapses in four days, there had been obvious concern about why the Bayern midfielder had required medical assistance on both occasions. Musiala’s statement directly addressed those concerns by identifying the neurological dysfunction and the absence seizures associated with the recent episodes.

He described the seizures as temporary and brief, while also saying they are easily treatable.

For supporters who saw Musiala fainted,, his statement provides important context about the episodes and the medical treatment he is receiving.

Musiala’s message also struck an optimistic tone. Despite the frightening nature of the scenes on the pitch, he said he has confidence in his treatment and continues to receive support from Bayern Munich and those closest to him.

At just 23, the midfielder remains one of the most gifted players in European football. Yet, for now, attention has understandably shifted away from goals, assists and performances.

Jamal Musiala remains optimistic after alarming episodes

Two collapses in four days created deeply worrying moments for everyone watching, but Jamal Musiala has now provided his own explanation and reassurance.

The Bayern Munich star says his recent episodes are linked to absence seizures caused by a neurological dysfunction, adding that the condition is temporary, brief and treatable.

After the second incident against Heidenheim, Musiala made it clear that he is receiving medical care and remains optimistic about the future.

Having already overcome a serious ankle injury that kept him out for much of last season, the midfielder now has another obstacle in his journey. However, his statement suggested that he is facing it with confidence and with a strong support system around him.

For Bayern and Germany supporters, the hope will be that Jamal Musiala continues to receive the care he needs and can soon return to focusing fully on football.

You may also like

Leave a Comment